Friday, May 1, 2015

Not a Fashion Blogger

First, guest up! We have Kels from The Blonder Side of Life! Please say hello and I hope you enjoy!



Hello Alanna & Co readers!

I’m so happy Alanna has allowed me to drop- in and talk your ear off today. And since she’s one of my personal faves, I thought I’d talk about something very important. As in world news, stop what you’re doing and let’s discuss kind of important. Well minus the world news part….
I’ve been blogging for about 2 years now and while I have a great little group of readers (seriously they da best) I write all the time about why I'm not a Big Blogger and it never fails to resonate....Today I bring you a new installment of things I'm not (among other things)....a Fashion Blogger...


not for a lack of trying though....

If we're being honest, I do try to look presentable in public. I actually rather enjoy dressing up and looking pretty. I even started wearing lipstick, what! Getting compliments on my outfits or walking with the confidence of a diva when i know my outfit is on point. Those things don't necessarily transfer over to a blog though. Unlike my lovely and talented lifestyle/fashion friends (Jenn anyone?) I just don't walk in the light.....

>> Can we start with this picture?? I look like a hobbit do I not? I really don't know what i was thinking with this one. Ignore the bare feet and focus on the patchy grass behind me or perhaps the utter lack of being able to see the dress. Also I need to start doing more push-ups I've decided.....

>> I rarely wear an outfit worth posting. I can rock a mean pair of yoga pants or jeans but post worthy they are not. So when it does happen I have to make sure to snap a photo.....so like once every month or so. Also said outfits get brought out more then once so a months worth of ootd's would be pretty repetitive. At least I know how to mix and match right?

>> I take my own photos. Thank goodness for a self-timer b/c otherwise I wouldn't get half the photos I take for this blog. I feel so awkward behind the camera as it is I don't need anyone on the other end to be subjected to it as well...Can someone tell me how to get full-body shots? Or better yet, don't, that way no one has to be subjected to them.....


>> I don't look effortlessly cool. Seriously, no lie. I have to try really really, extremely hard to look "cool." You'll never see a photo of me kickin up leaves or casually strollin down an empty city street lookin like the cool chic that I believe I am. It's just not in the cards for me...Instead you'll get me falling off a hammock or....well I'm not really sure what i was doin in the above photo.....
Seriously....candid is not my thing.....


Easy, breezy, beautiful right there......

>> I don't buy expensive items, but am not "cool" enough to thrift either. Any item of clothing over $30 is out of my price range (expect shoes or outerwear obvs) and even that is pushing it. I really gotta love something to spend 30 bucks of my hard earned (strapped) cash. That being said I'm not crafty enough to thrift something hideous and turn it into a vintage crave-worthy item....This leads to lots of Target and Kohls sales as well as TJ Maxx...I'm a Maxxanista!

>> I can't seem to master that distant look thing. I don't know how they do it and make it look so natural. I'm so obviously trying not to look at the camera! (below I was peekin to see what my timer said


>> I'm really bad at make-up. Drugstores are what stock my makeup bag and even that is pretty empty. I've just recently started wearing lipstick (shocker) so if anyone has tips for how to pick one that doesn't make me feel like a painted party performer I'd super appreciate it, please and thank you. Despite my late bloomer status to the big girl party, I really do like makeup I'm just horrible at it....practice, practice right?

Tweet: Are you a fashion blogger? Lover of fashion? Blogger who wears clothes? This one's for you


As if I needed anymore reasons, but I'm sure I could continue this list for days. Despite my love of fashion and clothes I doubt I'll be makin that transition anytime soon Ever.
Can't say i don't have fun though. ;)

Anyone else out there with me?




Say hello to this month's sponsor, Jasmine:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!