Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What I've Read - July

What I've Read

Ladies' Night by Mary Kay Andrews. This is a perfect beach read. It is actually about a lifestyle blogger and how her world comes crashing down when she finds out her husband is cheating. At times, I got a bit angry at her because of how accepting she was to hit rock bottom, but by the end you were cheering for the main character. Could have used a bit of trimming down, but if you want to spend time at the pool or beach, this is a great one.
Still Alice by Lisa Genova. It was a really quick read and I almost demolished this book one night because I couldn't put it down. So poignant and eye-opening to a different side of a disease that most people might not know or realize. I was also kind of upset with the husband in this book because he just couldn't acknowledge the problem and face it head on. He always kept trying to avoid the issue, avoid her, and ignore what she needed. A month of frustrating husbands in books. Overall, great read.

What I'm Currently Reading

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

My Reading Challenge Updates

Total Books this month: 2
Total Books read this year: 15/75 (23 behind schedule! Yikes!)
Total Books Read for the Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge: 6 / 12

What have you been reading? Any good beach reads?


The Blonder Side of Life

Say hello to this month's sponsor:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!