Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer Training Vol 2

10,000 Steps a Day

Since I have to walk Starla three times a day this has been a breeze to accomplish. In our short 15-minute morning walks, I usually end up getting at least 2,500 steps, and that's all before 7:00 a.m. I also join the fitbit challenges pretty much every week, so if you ever want to join me in one, add me on Fitbit

Drink three bottles (~60 oz) of water a day.

Doing really well. This goal is a lot more easy to achieve and maintain than I expected. 

Work out three times a week. 

Last Wednesday - Hour of tennis.
Last Thursday - 30 minutes of running and upper body lifting.
Saturday - 30 minutes of running, a bit of yoga, and abs.
Monday - 40 minutes running (outside!)
Tuesday - Light 30 minute walk/jog.

If you know me, you know that I'm not a very strong runner, but I've really been trying to pick it up and be better. Anne over at Love the Here and Now has some great tips for learning how to love running and Rachel has a great playlist to help motivate you. 

Snack healthy.

Luckily, there's a farmers market down the street from me on Tuesdays. I try to pick up some fresh veggies and fruits each week (Support local!) that I can snack on in between meals. 

Limit my wine habits.

Ehhhh....it's summer and I like Chardonnay. Whoops. 


Did you join Christine and Jaelan for the Blogger Booty Challenge of 3,000 squats in 30 days? I actually did it. One week though I completely forgot about it and had to double up on the third week and that was a bit of a killer. I can't wait for another challenge!

What are your fitness goals for this summer? 

Linking up for
alyssagoesbang

Kenji is Here: Workout Wednesdays


Say hello to this month's sponsor:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!