Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Celebrate with a Mexican Mule for Cinco De Mayo!

Happy Cinco De Mayo all!! Today, we're welcoming Brittany from the Lady Lawyer! She's gonna share her favorite Cinco De Mayo food and drink recipes! Enjoy.




I NEVER need an excuse to stuff my face with yummy Mexican food but when my calendar tells me it's Cinco de Mayo you better believe I'm going to take full advantage of this holiday to eat some of my favorite food!

Who doesn't love a good happy hour? I know I do! What better way to celebrate than with yummy appetizers and drinks--especially if it's as easy to put together as what I'm showing you today! Throw this together in 30 minutes flat and enjoy a fun and yummy weekday fiesta!

Grilled Corn Pineapple Salsa

This salsa is so refreshing and pretty! The colors of the fresh ingredients pop on your chip! The combination of the sweet corn and pineapple are the perfect balance to the spicy jalapenos. It's so easy to throw together! Dip it with chips, top on grilled chicken or fish, or add to a salad--so many possibilities. Psssst..it's healthy so go ahead and indulge in that second third drink..I officially give you permission :)

4 roma tomatoes
3 ears of corn (grilled)
2 cups of cubed pineapple
handful of cilantro
2 jalapenos 
1 lime

Chop, Chop, Chop

This is the hardest and ONLY part of  this recipe. Finely dice the roma tomatoes, pineapples, corn, (I wrapped the corn on the cob in aluminum foil and grilled for 12-15 minutes or until you get nice grill marks) cilantro, and jalapenos




Add the chopped ingredients into a bowl and squeeze in the juice of a lime. Give a nice stir and season to taste with salt and pepper!


That's it! Now it's time to dig in with your favorite tortilla chips!



The Mexican Mule

You've heard of a Moscow Mule, right? The delicious vodka and ginger drink is one of my faves so I thought I would add a Mexican twist to it! I replace the vodka with my buddy Jose (I use "buddy" loosely..he's not always been nice to me) and add an extra squeeze of lime. It's seriously so refreshing and easy and my new go-to cocktail. 

1-2 shots of tequila (I used Jose Cuervo)
Ginger beer
Juice of half a lime
ice

Combine the tequila and lime juice and top the glass off to the top with the ginger beer. Stir, add ice, and garnish with lime. Enjoy!! 





Happy Hour is the best hour so enjoy this yummy fiesta!




 photo signature_zps8af1ywhf.png

Follow Along with Brittany here: Blog | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter



Say hello to this month's sponsor, Jasmine:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!