Sunday, May 3, 2015

Simple and Healthy Overnight Oats Recipe

Hi readers! Today we have Kristen from The Everyday Grace guest posting about her new favorite recipe. It's just perfect for me because it's simple and healthy! Enjoy!




Overnight oats, I’m sure you've heard of them, as they are currently all the rage, but have you tried them? I've been reading about overnight oats on every blog, in every magazine and all over cooking shows for the past 6 months, so I knew I had to try them! I made these last Friday so that breakfast on Saturday would be a little easier and let me tell you, they were fantastic. 

I looked around online for all types of recipes and after finding tons, I mixed and matched different recipes to come up with this one! Since it was Saturday, I made two bowls, since apparently I was going for fiancĂ©-of-the-year that morning. Based on my fiancĂ©’s reaction when I served them, I think I’m going to win! I hope you all enjoy these oats as much as I did.

 INGREDIENTS

⅓ cup steel cut oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
⅓ cup almond milk
½ banana
2 handfulls of blueberries
1 handful of cranberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS


  1. Mix together all the ingredients.
  2. Cover and place in the fridge overnight (or at least for 2 hours).
  3. In the am, top with sliced strawberries, some extra blueberries and maybe, if you're feeling risky, some warmed up almond butter.
  4. Make sure to serve with a delicious cup of coffee in your favorite mug!
  5. Enjoy!








Follow Along with Kristen here: Blog | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram




Say hello to this month's sponsor, Jasmine:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!