Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Humpday Confessions | When Subscription Boxes Aren't Worth It

First of all, I have some excited news to announce. Some of you may know Sarah from Plucky in Love. I just met her about a month ago, surprisingly enough, and both of us were hosting separate humpday confessions link-ups. So today, we've come together and will join forces for a group Humpday Confessions going forward that way you won't have to link-up on both of our sites. You can just link-up once and will be listed on both of our sites. Yay!

I confess that

I had a minor panic attack last week. If you follow me on Snapchat, you would have seen the entire thing. What happened was that I signed up for Julep and they send me a nice dark blue and purple color. Great for the fall, right? So I painted it on and it came on really thick and not very smooth. So I wanted to take it off and re-do the paint job. Here's when it all went wrong. The color barely came off my nails even though I had used a base coat, and then stained my all my fingertips too. It took a good 45 minutes to soak off about half of the color from my fingertips and nails. Such a disaster. Needless to say, I cancelled the subscription. I've had dark colors from Essie and OPI and this has never happened to me. I really did like their lipstick and lip gloss that they sent...


This weekend was literally the best! I met up with a friend this Friday for dinner to catch up. I had some downtime on Saturday to do some laundry and cleaning and then went hiking with friends and Starla on Sunday. The weather was perfectly cool and I'm glad I got to enjoy it before it dropped down into the 40s and 50s this week. 


the above hunky dude is the boyfriend. I don't know yet how frequently he'll be featured or if I want to share his name or whatever else. I promise that if I do chose to use a nickname for above hunky man, it will be something funny and creative. So if you see him pop up here, that's who he is. 

with that said, we're trying to plan an all-inclusive vacation of some sort. Send me your favorite places that you've been. My absolute favorite vacation was an all-inclusive in Cabo at RIU. I love their resorts. I definitely want to do Carribean because it will be quick and easy to get to and from, but I'm over Bahamas and Puerto Rico. Where should we go?

Starla is now a fashion model. Do you think she'll be willing to help me model my Stitchfix reviews?




Now onto the link-up!

Here are the ground rules for the link-up:
  • Each Wednesday create a post about what’s going on in your life and confess!
  • Grab the button and include it in your post or include a text link back to the link-up. 
  • Link up so we can see what you're confessing this week.
  • Comment on at least one other blogger’s post from the link up.
  • Feel free to share on social media with the hashtag #HumpdayConfessions and I'll retweet.
  • Enjoy!
Alanna & Company



Say hello to this month's sponsor:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!