Monday, December 7, 2015

Festive Drinks for the Holidays

With the holiday season approaching, instead of blasting the Christmas/Channukah music, I opt to pull out my holiday recipes instead. There are definitely some foods and drinks that always remind me of the holidays and I tend to only make them around that time.

So today, I've teamed up with Alexis from Chemistry Cachet to bring you our favorite holiday recipes.

Creamy frosted sugar cookie tea!


 One of my fondest memories as a child was the joy I felt getting to bake sugar cookies with my mom, decorate them, and then the excitement of FINALLY getting to set out those cookies for Santa. I can still smell the cookies and feel the giddiness when I close my eyes. Needless to say I think Sugar Cookies are a Christmas staple, but it doesn't have to be all about cookies. What about a frosted sugar cookie tea? YES! For real, this is one of the best, coziest teas I have ever made. Even if you don't like tea, that's okay! This is made with herbal tea and has no after taste, or tea like bitterness. This is truly a treat for everyone to enjoy! I have been buying this tea for at least eight years. I cannot have a Christmas without it! If you buy one new tea this season, I highly recommend this one for sure!
  Frosted Sugar Cookie Tea

Creamy Frosted Sugar Cookie Tea

  • 2 bags of sugar cookie sleigh ride tea
  • 8 oz of boiling water
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tbsp frosted sugar cookie creamer
  • 1/8 tsp butter extract
  • tiny dash of nutmeg

Directions:

Steep the tea bags in boiling water for about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a mug combine the milk, creamer, extract and nutmeg stirring well or shaking it up to make it foamy. Slowly add the hot tea! This taste fantastic with cookies, scones, or any Christmas treat! Chemist Tips: extract is the BEST thing to add for flavor. This butter extract creates that true cookie taste. If you don't have this, substitute vanilla extract :)
  sugar cookie tea


For me, cider definitely makes me think "Holiday Time!" So here's how I spice (spike) up my cider drinks.

Spiked Cider with Salted Caramel Drizzle


Spiked Cider

  • 6-8 oz glass café mug
  • 1/2 oz. Fireball (or any hot cinnamon whiskey)
  • 1/2 oz. Bourbon (I used Jim Beam)
  • 1/2 Cup Hot Cider
  • 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1 Tbsp Cinnamon and 1 Tbsp white sugar, mixed
  • Salted Caramel Sauce
  1. Heat apple cider stove top or in microwave to a light boil. 
  2. Add Fireball and bourbon to the café mug and top with the heated cider. 
  3. If you are using premade whipped cream, skip this step. Otherwise, pour 8 oz or 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Whisk the liquid until it begins to thicken. Be sure not to whip stiff, leave the contents thick and pourable.
  4. Mix 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon together in a small bowl and add over whipped cream.

Caramel Drizzle

  • 1 Cup White sugar
  • 5 Tbsp Butter
  • 1 Cup Heavy whipping cream
  • 1 tsp Salt
  1. Place a heavy sauce pan on the stovetop and set the burner to medium high .  Add 1 cup of white sugar and stir frequently until the sugar dissolves and turns an amber or golden brown.  Be sure all lumps have dissolved and remove the sauce pan from heat.  Let the sugar sit for 1 minute and then add 5 tablespoons of butter stirring constantly until all of the butter has melted and blended with the sugar.  
  2. Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream slowly and stir the caramel sauce the entire time while adding the cream. The sauce should be a creamy light brown and smooth with no lumps.  Add a teaspoon of salt and mix it into the sauce. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to thicken the sauce. Pour contents into a squeeze tube or piping bag.
  3. Make your drink base and spoon the 3 tablespoons of whipped cream on top. Dust top with sugar and cinnamon mix and create a unique holiday design with salted caramel. 



Ta-da!

I hope you like get the chance to try either of mine or Alexis's drink recipes. If you do, let us know how it works out. 

For more awesome recipes and tips follow Chemistry Cachet on Facebook | Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Hometalk



Say hello to this month's sponsor:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!