Monday, April 6, 2015

Weekending II

Happy Monday everyone! Today, I'm guest posting over at Chits and Giggles, so definitely go check it out!


This past Thursday I had the great opportunity to attend a blogging educational panel, I guess is what you would call it. Not entirely a blogging conference since it was only a one-evening event, but more than just a small meet-up. It was hosted by Capfabb, a D.C. based blogging society that I'm a member of, and it was focused on "How to Navigate Brand Relationships". Of course I was super concerned of what to wear since the society started off as a fashion/style blog society, so I paired my Stitchfix dress with nude pumps and a blazer. Anyways, the panel was composed of great speakers and I was able to take down some awesome notes! The overall question I came out with was "What makes me and my blog different?" So that's my homework for now.


Also, how has no one told me that they have petite sized press-on nails? I have hands the size of a 5-year old so I've never found any press on's that fit my tiny fingers. Super proud of my self-done manicure! 

Friday was the first night of Passover, so Carlos and I went home to my parents and enjoyed an amazing Seder dinner. My mom baked a flourless chocolate cake which was an experiment, and it was a success!

On Saturday, I went out with two of my best friends, Stephanie and Ariel. Stephanie is getting married in September and I cannot wait for it. We went out to brunch at Ozzies. They might be getting sick of seeing me over there! The rest of the day, I just hung out and enjoyed the nice (but breezy) weather.


Sunday was our busy day! Carlos managed to get a good price on a used Wii and bought all the Mario games. At least half of our day was sucked away playing Mario Brothers. Why is that game so hard?!


After we were able to pry ourselves away from the TV, we took a stroll over to Shirlington and ate at Copperwood Tavern. 


The best thing about Shirlington (other than it being walking distance from my condo) is that it is super dog friendly. All of the patios have dog bowls already set out and all of them let you bring your dog on the patio with you. Starla had a great time watching and meeting all the other puppies and was nice and calm while we ate!


I'm heading out to Vegas later this week, so shoot me any suggestions of places I should go see or where I should go out to eat. It's a work trip but I'm hoping we can get out early since this will be my first time going to Vegas!

Hope you had a great weekend too! Any dog friendly restaurants that you enjoy visiting?

Linking up with Biana.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!