Friday, April 3, 2015

Reading Challenge Update - April

What I Read

Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce (audiobook). At times I got frustrated because it was definitely made for a YA crowd but overall it was still a good book. Maybe might read the rest of the series later. This was one of my books for the Modern Mrs. Darcy challenge as a book from my childhood. Tamora Pierce was my favorite author. I found her because her most popular book is titled "Alanna" so of course I was obsessed with it when I read it at like age 8. This book was an interesting spin-off of Alanna, and still had many of the same characters in it but the main character was new. Three stars. 
Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray. Very good book. This was suggested by Nicole and I'm glad I picked it up. Great character development and an interesting, unique story to boot. Four Stars.
Paper Towns by John Greene. I was surprised by where this book went. I liked the mystery part of the book, and of course Margot is a character who you all are curious about and wish you had known too. Three Stars.
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (audiobook). I think the book could have used a bit of editing. I think at parts, it just kept on and on about things that didn't really add very much to the story. It was also weird because at times the two main characters were ridiculously immature and at other times, they were extremely mature and made references that I know no high schooler would know. Overall a good story and a good audiobook to listen to. Three Stars.

What I'm Currently Reading

Lord of the Flies by William Golding (audiobook)
The Blondes by Emily Schultz

My Reading Challenge Updates

Total Books this month: 4
Total Books read this year: 8/75 (Behind by 9 books, yikes)
Total Books Read for the Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge: 4 / 12


Have you listened to any good audiobooks? What are your favorites? Also if we aren't already, be my friend on Goodreads!


Linking up with: Friday Favorites | Oh, Hey Friday! | TGIF Blog Hop | Little Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!