Sunday, September 27, 2015

Bloomin' Onion Rings That Will Make You Drool

Hi, I'm Tayler and I blog at The Morrell Tale. I'm a 25 year old Jr. High teacher turned SAHM. I blog about my adventures of teaching, being a mother, family life, my Mormon religion, books I read, and recipes I create.

Well, one of my husband, Justin, and my favorite appetizers/sides is Bloomin Onions and onion rings. So, we decided that since onions are extraordinarily cheap, we decided to merge the two together and make some Bloomin Onion Rings. (And the best part of this recipe is you DON'T need a deep fryer!)

Delicious homemade onion rings

Ingredients
1 onion
Oil for frying

Batter
1 egg
1 cup of milk

Flour Breading
1 cup flour
dash of salt
dash of pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (it was a little hot for me, so next time, I'm only gonna use 1 teaspoon)
1 teaspoons paprika
dash of oregano
dash of thyme
dash of sage

Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup mayo
1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon creole seasoning


Directions
1) Slice the onion into rings. Pop out the layers and throw the hearts away.


2) Mix together the batter ingredients and in a separate bowl, the flour breading ingredients. 
3) Place the flour breading in a shallow bowl.


4) Dip the onion rings in the batter.
5) Place the wet rings in the flour batter and pack it on the ring.
6) Place the rings in pre-heated oil (medium heat).


7) When the rings start to brown, flip them over.
8) Once both sides are brown, place them on the cooling rack over a cookie sheet, so the excess oil falls off.
9) Mix the dipping sauce ingredients together.
10) Enjoy!

Delicious, homemade onion rings

Do you like Bloomin Onions or onion rings? What are your favorite spices/seasonings for them? What are your favorite sauces to dip them in?



Say hello to this month's sponsor:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!