Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Hour in Old Town Alexandria

So I was invited out by one of my besties, Ariel, to meet her up for some drinks and apps the other week. She works in Old Town Alexandria at Jackson 20, which is a really cute restaurant. She suggested we go to a new bar called Mackie's for happy hour. 

Alanna & Company: Alexandria Happy Hours
Credit 

Mackies has a nice ambiance when you walk inside. They have a frosted glass door that separates the bar area from the restaurant. Nice for diners who would prefer not to be bother by us loud happy-hour goers. Their drink specials are $1 off all wines and beers, and they have a small bar menu that includes, wings (buffalo, bbq, and old bay), caprese bites, sliders (cheesburger, pork, or meatball), fries, a dip trio and more. I really enjoyed how lively the bar was when we went at 5 p.m. and the bartenders were super friendly and approachable. They gave us great wine suggestions from their long list of drinks. I chose a Chardonnay, Ariel chose a Cava Brut, and our friend was given a red wine suggestion (which name I now forget!) that was delectable! Then we shared the sliders, fries and Old Bay wings served with tartar sauce with more old bay mixed in. If you've never had Old Bay wings, you need to go and try them now. They were amazing!

I didn't get a chance to look at the full menu, but apparently they are known for their steaks. I'll definitely go back with my boyfriend next time we're craving some red meat.  Mackie’s Bar and Grill, 907 King St., Alexandria.

Alanna & Company: Alexandria Happy Hours
Credit

After Mackie's we decided that we should venture a bit up King St to go check out Vermilion. Click here for a virtual tour of the restaurant! I had never been and heard it was really nice, but expensive. We sat down in the bar/lounge area. It was decorated amazingly with red pops of color and exposed brick everywhere. I'm always a sucker for exposed brick. We sat in the bar section on red couches with a small table for our drinks. I was surprised to read their happy hour drink specials. They offered a Pineapple tequila seasonal punch for only $5! Let me say, that punch was dangerous! Hinted with a bit of cinnamon, they weren't overly sweet and just strong enough. They also had options including $2.75 Miller Lite & Sierra Nevada drafts and an extensive wine list. We were unfortunately stuffed from Mackie's and didn't try any of the food, but Vermilion is another on my list to go back for happy hour food and more of that punch! Vermilion Restaurant, 1120 King St, Alexandria.

I have to apologize for being a bad blogger and not taking my own photos. Sorry I credited all sites that I borrowed from! I promise I will be better the next time I go back or in my next restaurant suggestion posts. It's hard because I get so caught up in enjoying friend's company and how good the food is!

Happy eating everyone!

0dd326fc41fd96b0500052b3acaf9e27e8dc81046cfe1c6e6a

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!