Thursday, January 15, 2015

San Francisco Bound

As I said in previous posts, I'm super lucky that my job is able to send me all around the States to travel. So yesterday I jetted out to San Francisco. I don't think I've explained this before but I am somewhat of a meeting planner. I always struggle with the best way to describe what I do. I work for a medical non-profit on the education side, which means develop educational programs (aka medical conferences) that provide CME (continuing medical education) to doctors so they can continue to be certified! Yay, all good things! Anyways, if you ask me anything about room blocks, BEOs, or anything of the sort, I will point you in a different direction. I love my job and it's perfect for me since I love planning, organizing months (if not years) ahead of time, and coordinating all the small things into one big perfect finalized meeting. Also a plus side is that I get to go to amazing hotels and cities fo' free!

 The top level of my two story suite at the JW Marriott in Scottsdale.

This will be the third year in a row that I've gone to San Francisco (twice for work, once for pleasure). If you have never been to San Francisco, do not be fooled by the weather. Many think that since it's part of California, it will be nice, mild, warm, and sunny all the time. Think again! San Fran has wild winds from the bay that chill the temperature down about 10 degrees on any given day. Fortunately, this trip is work trip that will turn into a pleasure trip for the last three days. Unfortunately, when it's a weird mix of different activities such as work, exploring the city, and doing touristy things I always struggle with planning on what to pack, without overpacking! I just found this amazing outfit planner on Team Wiking! Thank god for her printables. But I'll type out my finalized my packing list:



Clothing:
  • 1 pair of jeans (that can be dressed up to go out on the town.)
  • 2 work dresses.
  • Black tights.
  • Two short sleeve blouses and one long sleeve blouse (can be worn to dinners and work receptions.)
  • T-Shirt
  • Grey Cardigan.
  • Long Sweater.
  • Leggings.
  • Scarf.
  • Wind-breaker.
  • Yoga Pants and workout top.
  • Belt.
Shoes:

  • Black Pumps.
  • Brown Boots.
  • Nude Flats.
  • Running Shoes.
Electronics: 

  • Portable speaker because I can't go anywhere without it.
  • Kindle.
  • Work Laptop.



And finished product (without my toiletry bag) actually looks pretty empty! Yay for not overpacking! I'll let you know how it goes once I get back home. Lastly, don't forget how to pack without wrinkles (tips from a Cup of Jo)! Anyways, please let me know if you have any suggestions for things to do or great restaurants that I could go to! I'll talk to you on the flip side.

3 comments:

  1. Hope that you have a great time here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I forgot that you live here! We've already ventured around Chinatown and the Embarcadero! Any suggestions for a good lunch/brunch place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] to San Francisco and Santa Cruz. I hate being back at work. Anyways, to follow-up with my last post before leaving for San Francisco the packing lists went very well! I had extra space in my suitcase to pack goodies that I picked up […]

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!