Friday, November 20, 2015

Perfect Gifts for the Dog Lover


Man's best friend is truly the most accurate description when it comes to dogs. I have had Starla a little over a year now and she has completely changed my life for the better. She keeps me happy, entertained, and she keeps me healthy.

As a complete pet lover, I get super excited when Starla gets gifts. All pet owners love getting gifts for their pets just as much as they like getting gifts themselves. So here's some ideas of gifts to get for the dog lover/owner in your life for the holidays. 

Framed Pictures

I can never have enough pictures of Starla. I have them in my office, in my room, throughout my apartment.

New Toys

For most dogs, toys don't last too long. I've been lucky that Starla isn't too much of a destroyer however, her favorite toys still get pretty ratty after a couple months. New toys are always a great idea.

Toy Basket

Baskets are great to keep toys organized. For dogs like Starla that have lots of toys, a nice big basket can help keep organized and look good in your home. 

A new dog bed

Starla loves having comfy beds to sleep in. If the dog likes to stretch out when they sleep, lounge type beds are the best. If they like to curl up when they sleep, cuddlers are better.

Dog Pillowcases

As much as Starla like her own beds, she likes my bed, too. How adorable are these doggy themed pillowcases?

Doggy Attire

With the colder months coming up, some dog attire might be required. I have a winter coat for Starla that covers up her tummy since she doesn't have much fur on her belly. For other city dogs like Starla some winter boots might be something you want to consider. They often salt all the sidewalks around my building and salt is caustic on dog's paw pads. They might hate it at first, but it's worth it in the end. 

New Treats and Food


If your dog is like Starla, any and all treats are presents for her. Whether you go for commercial brands or smaller brands, make sure you read the label to make sure they will be a good option for the dog considering any allergies or food sensitivities. I recently heard of an all-american brand called Brother's Complete. They are grain free, GMO free, no artificial colors or flavors, and have digestive enzymes and probiotics in their dry food. Not only that, but they are great for dogs with food allergies! With dry foods like turkey, venison, and chicken they'll have options for whichever your dog likes best. I had been feeding Starla a sweet potato and venison, so when I moved her over to Brother's Complete, we stuck with the venison. She absolutely loves the food and treats.



Just because we're such fans, we've teamed up with Brothers Complete to provide three lucky winners a 10 lb bag of dog food for your dog to try.







What do you plan on getting for the pet lovers in your life?

Say hello to this month's sponsor:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!