Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Challenge Update - March

Ok so I challenged myself to a few reading challenges this year. There is the Modern Mrs. Darcy book challenge, and the read 100 books this year challenge. The hundred book challenge has already been edited down to 75 books, last I checked I was eight books behind! I also am taking up audiobooks since I drive so much it'll be a good way to get through books when I don't have the time to physically crack open a book and read.

I also decided that I need to write out the Modern Mrs. Darcy book challenge. So here it is:



A book you’ve been meaning to read: Bossypants by Tina Fey
A book published this year: Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova
A book in a genre you don’t typically read: Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
A book from your childhood: Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
A book your mom loves: Wicked 
A book that was originally written in a different language: IQ84 by Haruki Marukami (started in 2014 but finished in 2015....this book is LONG!)
A book “everyone” has read but you: Big Little Lies by Lane Moriarty
A book you chose because of the cover: The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
A book by a favorite author: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
A book recommended by someone with great taste: Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso
A book you should have read in high school: Lord of the Flies by William Golding
A book that’s currently on the bestseller list: The Martian by Andy Weir

What I've read this past month:

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey: This gets four/five stars. I really thought this book had some very great input. I've always been a girl who has been raised to be independent and this book brought up a lot of points and explanations on how men think and react to that. It was very down to earth without telling women to just sit around, care for their children, and cook/clean the house.

(I know I slacked this past month...)

Currently Reading:

Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray
Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce

Have you read any of the books on my list? Or do you have any suggestions for a book that was published this year?

Be my friend on Goodreads!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!