Friday, February 6, 2015

Simple and Effortless Soy Salmon with Sriracha Mayo

I don't know about you guys, but I love Sriracha. I literally put it on everything. I recently tried experimenting with it and turning it into Sriracha Mayo and it was amazing! I made it with salmon and then drizzled over top. I used the recipe from White on Rice Couple but since my boyfriend and I like it a bit more spicy we actually did 2 tablespoons of Sriracha to 3 of mayo. I apologize for being a bad blogger and not taking more pictures of the "during" process, but I'll try to add more later when I make this recipe next. 


Sriracha Mayo Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 3 Tablespoons mayo.
  • 2 Tablespoon Huy Fong Sriracha.
  • 1 teaspoon lemon/lime juice.

Directions:
  1. In bowl, combine ingredients until smooth.
  2. Use as dip or spread for your favorite dishes.
For the salmon, this is my go-to recipe because it's easy and tastes great even without the Sriracha Mayo if you don't like spicy. 

Broiled Soy Marinated Salmon Recipe


Ingredients:
  • ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
  • ¼ cup honey
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 salmon filets
  • Fancy Option: 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
Directions:
  1. Mix together the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl.
  2. Put the salmon filets and the marinade in a resealable bag. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but I typically like to marinate overnight so the fish can really soak up all the flavors. 
  3. Preheat your broiler on high and place marinated salmon on broiler pan. When the broiler is hot, place the pan in the oven and cook for about 8 minutes minutes, or until the outside is crispy and the fish flakes easily. Tip: Make sure the rack is about 5 inches below the top of the oven when broiling. 
  4. Spoon the Sriracha mayo overtop of your salmon. If you chose the fancy option, garnish with some toasted sesame seeds, and serve with a green vegetable. (I chose broccoli!)


Let me know if you try the recipe! I'll be snowboarding out in West Virginia this weekend so I hope you all have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!