Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Humpday Confessions | Bringing in 2016

Oh hey! Welcome to 2016 Humpday Confessions.

I confess...

that I totally missed humpday confessions for the couple weeks I was MIA. I'm glad that I took a little break though so I could enjoy the holidays.

I finally got over to the Renwick Gallery. It's been closed for a couple years for renovations, but just opened up a few months ago. It only has 9 exhibits but they are all super cool! It's all about crafts and decorative arts. The building is beautiful too. If you're in the area or visiting, it's a must-see.





I went over to the Newseum for New Year's Eve and that was interesting. I've been to some other big Project DC parties for New Years eve before like the Gaylord at National Harbor and Arena Stage. This was the first year that I splurged for the VIP because the benefits were "worth it" or so I thought at the time I purchased. It bragged an early entrance, two VIP floors, VIP bars and buffets. However, we were all let in at the same time and everyone had the same access if you were VIP or not. So FYI if you're checking out their events for next year, don't buy VIP. Not worth it. 

that what was worth it was my Rent the Runway dress. I had a great experience with them. And was able to fit in the smaller size that they sent me for free. Glad they sent both my normal size and an optional second size. Otherwise my dress would have been too big!


I'm half-excited, half-depressed about all my health-related goals for this year. I hope they go well but they are tough, so no more fooling around for me. Time to get my butt in gear.

I'm going to a local conference for work next week, however since I'm there for four days, they've set me up at the hotel which is awesome because the hotel is top notch! Pretty excited for the conference and also just the stay in the Gaylord hotel.

I haven't been grocery shopping in over a month.

that I'm having a discount on my ad spaces! 35% off my two biggest ad spots (in-post banner and large company) using code: NEWYEARS. Go check out all the options here. #Shamelessplug

I'm co-hosting an awesome giveaway with a few other bloggers. So enter today!





Now onto the link-up with Plucky in Love and I!

Here are the ground rules for the link-up:
  • Each Wednesday create a post about what’s going on in your life and confess!
  • Grab the button and include it in your post or include a text link back to the link-up. 
  • Link up with either me or Sarah, so we can see what you're confessing this week.
  • Comment on at least one other blogger’s post from the link up.
  • Feel free to share on social media with the hashtag #HumpdayConfessions and I'll retweet.
  • Enjoy!
Alanna & Company



Linking up with #HashtagHumpday


Say hello to this month's sponsor:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!