Friday, December 5, 2014

I Love Mornings


Capture
I wasn't always a morning person, but I swear by it now! It's a fresh start to a brand new day and why waste it?  Make your morning your best friend, make a routine, and become more productive. Of course, I'm making this sound a lot easier than it was to transition to being a morning person than it truly was. I was a complete grouch in the mornings. But each year, I started waking up earlier and adding more to my morning routine and now I love my morning routine.

Even now I'm even transitioning to be an even earlier morning person. I give myself an hour and a half each morning starting at 6. Here's a snapshot of my daily morning routine.

At 6:00 a.m.
Wake up and don't snooze (or cheat your snooze!). I cheat by setting my alarm to 5:51 a.m. (iPhone's snooze time is 9 minutes) so even if I'm tempted to roll over and snooze, I'm still getting up at 6.

At 6:00 - 6:30 a.m.Get up and get moving. I take my dog for runs or walks each morning. If you don't currently have any morning activity, I highly suggest you try it! Even if its a walk to take the trash out or to grab your laundry from the basement. It gets your blood moving and limbers up your body. Also, if you are a culprit of skipping gym sessions after work (myself included), this is a great way to make sure you get in your activity before it falls of your to-do list.

At 6:30 a.m.Get ready, shower, dress, etc. Eat a good breakfast. Fuel yourself for your day with your favorite breakfast. Breakfast is pretty easy and fast to cook. So take some "me" time, cook and enjoy your breakfast. It truly is the most important meal of the day.

At 7:00 a.m.
On your way to work visualize your day. Think of the most important things you need to accomplish without any interruptions before you get to work. Pump yourself up for the day. Spotify has great playlists that fit every mood and music genre taste, but also sometimes silence is golden.

At 7:30 a.m. (I start work early! I know)
You're ready for your day! I already feel like I've accomplished a ton by this point and starting off my day productive helps keep me productive and motivated for the rest of the day.

Of course, everyone has their own morning routines. I'm sure not everyone wakes up as early as me or their "getting ready" time only includes drinking coffee and checking social media. For example, Anna Wintour starts her day at 5:45 a.m. with an hour long tennis match! No thank you.

Whatever it is, I have to say that having a dedicated morning routine really helps you be a more productive and organized person.

Do you have a morning routine? What gets you going in the mornings?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!