Friday, November 28, 2014

Giving Thanks

I'm often not huge on making a big public deal about what I'm thankful for. But I thought, what the heck, isn't a blog for these kind of things?

I am thankful for:

living in one of the most exciting cities around! I love Washington D.C. and I love my own city too.  It's the perfect mix of a busy city life and gorgeous, green suburbia. I've been blessed that I've grown up, gone to college, and now live in an area that is so synced with my personality.

metro


IMG_1197

my family. Even though I come from a small family (I'm an only child) and a very distant family. I am thankful for having a very caring family who is never more than a phone call away.
IMG_1391


my roommates, aka my unphotogenic dog and my boyfriend. They make my life richer and challenge me to be a better person on a daily basis.

my travel opportunities. This past year I've been able to go to Scottsdale, New Orleans (Mardi Gras!), San Francisco, Chicago, Cabo San Lucas, and next to Miami. All places I've never visited before. Many thanks goes to my job and to my family and friends who are willing to jump on extra long flights with me.

IMG_1476

and lastly, the 23rd year of my life. It's been very eye-opening and full of new, challenging experiences. This has easily been the most difficult year of my life and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

xoxo and happy (belated) thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading every comment and always try to reply by email. Thanks for stopping by!